3 Varnishers Yard, The Regent’s Quarter, London, N1 9FD
Interested in Spain's famous sherry? Then we have the perfect event for you. The team at Bar Pepito, Kings Cross, are launching a new series of sherry tastings and pairing events, the first coinciding with National Sherry Week in November.
Tucked away across the courtyard from mother site, Spanish restaurant and bar, Camino Kings Cross, Bar Pepito is an intimate and atmospheric Andalusian bodega specialising in an extensive range of sherry. With its colourful tiles, authentic prints and bottles of this best-loved Spanish drink lining the walls; one could easily be forgiven for mistaking this as a genuine bar in Andalusia itself.
Go on a proverbial journey through Jerez, Spain with Gonzales Byass, one of Spain’s top sherry producing families, with An Introduction to Different Sherry Styles and Perfect Christmas Food Matching at Bar Pepito on Wednesday 9th November from 6.30pm.
Priced at £35 per person, tickets to the event will include:
- A festive welcome drink, the ‘Road to Pepito’ Christmas edition (made with egg whites, lemon juice, Angostura Bitters, sugar syrup, Lenor Palo Cortado, grated lemon peel to garnish and walnuts and icing sugar to serve) and nibbles.
- A comprehensive look at the art, culture, tradition and science behind sherry making and the tasting of five different types of sherry, each of them paired with specially created festive tapas, created by Camino Head Chef, Nacho Del Campo, with Sherries as follows:
- Tio Pepe Fino (Dry and fresh, with notes of almonds)
- Amontillado - Viña AB (Subtle notes of oak and a slightly salty finish)
- Oloroso – Alfonoso (Intense with aromas of hazelnuts and walnuts and the taste of vanilla)
- Oloroso Dulce - Solera 1847 (Delicate with hints of raisins, hazelnuts and caramel)
- Pedro Ximenez (PX) (Velvety and smooth with notes of raisins, figs and dates)
- A Tio Pepe goodie bag to take home including a half bottle of sherry, as well as tasting notes notebooks and pens.
Places are limited, to book, please email [email protected]. Bar Pepito will be holding further Sherry tasting classes in spring 2017, including En Rama Tasting and Sherry Cocktails.