THE BENEFITS OF BEING A PARTNER VENUE...
- Your venue is listed on the DrinkUp.London website in the relevant festival areas.
- Your venue is listed on the DrinkUp.London app which is downloaded to use as an area guide by every festival attendee.
- Full venue information plus signature serve details to be included in your online listing.
- Full bar announcement to be featured within a DrinkUp.London newsletter plus across all @DrinkUpLDN social media platforms.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED IN A FESTIVAL...
We do not charge bars to be involved, but each one is cherry-picked by the DrinkUp.London team for their drink offering, service and general excellence – so if you make it through our selection process - congrats on making the list! We are proud to be your partner!
As a venue, you can get involved in a few ways. Feel free to pick whichever suits you best:
- Tours: £6 bespoke offering for Festival Pass holders. This drink should be the best representation of your bars excellence and ethos.
- Lower ABV Serve: £6 bespoke Lower-ABV cocktail for Festival Pass holders. We love giving our guests the choice.
- Non-Alcoholic Serve: £4 bespoke Non-Alcoholic cocktail for Festival Pass holders. We love this even more. No judgement here.
Your chosen offers have to be available to festival attendees throughout your normal venue opening hours, without restriction, all week long.
The brands you work with for your bespoke drink offering is totally up to you. It's your bar and we're not here to tell you how to run it!
If your chosen brand is a sponsor of our festival - we will brand call them in all of our material.
If they are not, we will simply refer to the product type. Fairs fair.
For details of brand sponsorship please email [email protected]
THE TOURS - A BIT MORE INFO...
The Tours are categorically the most popular part of our festivals.
Through the discounted drink scheme - they give tens of thousands of people the chance to be more experimental with cocktails and discover venues they haven’t previously visited.
- Venues need to offer a signature £6 bespoke cocktail for Festival Pass holders.
Please Note : This has to be available without a dining reservation, all week throughout your venue’s usual opening hours.
- We encourage venues to submit a second £6 signature cocktail. However, this cocktail must be Lower ABV to fit around our mindful drinking campaign.
Venues that submit a Lower ABV cocktail will be featured within our responsible drinking campaign and featured in round-ups for press on this subject.
- We always welcoming £4 non-alcoholic cocktails in to the festival. With statistics claiming that 30% of 18-25 year olds are teetotal we thought it was about time to bring non-alcoholic serve in to the fold. Whilst still celebrating the mixed drink. However, these NA cocktails can only be offered in addition to a signature or Lower ABV cocktails. Non-alcoholic serves will be included in round-ups and press on this emerging trend.
COCKTAIL TOURS – EXAMPLES OF SERVES...
Blended Union: The Wigmore Saison blended with Amaro di Angostura, Union coffee, mango and honey. Bittersweet and surprisingly refreshing.
Pink Flamingo: Don Julio Blanco with pistachio, lime and watermelon and a dash of white balsamic, served up in a traditional Mexican skull mug with a watermelon popsicle.
Lady Marmalade: Marsala wine with marmalade, lemon and sugar, shaken and served up.
There must be a catch?
Not at all, you don’t need to pay us anything, nor do we take a cut from the serves you sell. We just ask that we work together to showcase our industry and make the festival the best it can be through cross promotion.
Can I put forward more than one cocktail for the tours?
Absolutely! However, venues that choose to offer a second cocktail will have to ensure this is either a Lower ABV cocktail to fit in with our mindful drinking campaign or a non-alcoholic cocktail. Any venues wanting to offer even more cocktail options are welcome to do so, however, we will not be able to promote this, it would be a matter of promoting the other drink(s) yourselves on menus and through your social media.
Does my serve have to be available throughout my venue’s opening hours?
Yes. This will avoid the disappointment of our guests.
My venue’s license requires people to eat if they buy an alcoholic drink, can I be on the Cocktail Tours?
Sadly not, the tours are just for drinks as we cannot guarantee that our festival goers will eat.
My venue is quite small so I'm not sure I can accommodate a group of more than four...
No problem, when you submit the form please include any T&Cs and we can promote this accordingly within the Insider Information on your bars listing.
What about if a person comes in without a festival pass but wants the drink?
You are more than welcome to sell it to them - but at a higher price point – please ensure the £6 offer is only for festival pass holders.
Even better would be to encourage this poor lost soul to buy a festival pass there and then and become part of the week-long event.
There is a group of four but they have one festival pass, do I give them four specially priced drinks?
No, one festival pass equates to one offer at a time. You know the drill - UPSELL! It takes less than a minute to buy and activate a Festival Pass.
Can you tell me which other venues will be participating in the area?
Unfortunately, we don’t have that information finalised pre-deadline. Do sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date on any venue announcements.
Can my venue host an event?
We are only able to promote partner events with our official LCW sponsors. If you are keen to organise an event in association with LCW you are more than welcome to do so however, you will have to promote this through your own channels and social media.
What if someone is very drunk, do I have to serve them?
No, normal bar rules apply. Any problems with 'entitlement' - just let us know. We've got your back.
Could you throw a couple of free festival passes for my team and I?
Working hospitality trade always get free festival passes – we'll send you some codes in advance or sign up via the website. There'll be a big button that says "Work In The Trade?'
My venue is being built or being refurbished can I still be a part of the festival?
As long as your venue is completely open to the public by the deadline date, just so we know for sure it will be open for the festival then yes.
If there is any possibility of a later opening we cannot include your venue. We will also need images so the sooner you can get these across - the better.
Can you include me in one of your newsletters?
We can’t guarantee this, as it is an editorial decision, but the more creative and on trend your signature serve - the more likely.
What if I get a private venue booking during the week?
If this happens please let us know as soon as possible so we can promote accordingly.
I don’t want to be part of the festival, can I still be listed on DrinkUp.London?
We can't guarantee this, the DrinkUp.London bar list has a different criteria from the festivals.
Each venue requesting will be checked against this criteria individually.